The Administrative Assistant, under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration, is responsible for providing assistance and support for the day-to-day and long-term administrative operations of Humanity & Inclusion.
People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply!
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Create and maintain Accounts Payable records using Microsoft NAVision
- Prepare bank deposits for organization’s bank accounts
- Manage monthly credit card reconciliation process
- Assist Director of Finance and Administration in other finance tasks as requested
- Ensure employee files are current and complete
- Support the payroll process
- Support the process of hiring and on boarding new staff
- Assist with ensuring time and attendance tracking deadlines are met
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for visitors to the U.S.
- Support U.S. staff with travel arrangements and processes as necessary
- Provide standard travel information packages to incoming travelers
Private Fundraising and Communications
- Enter all private fundraising constituent and donation information into Raiser’s Edge NXT database; produce and mail acknowledgment letters
- Reconcile donations to bank deposits
- Monitor public inboxes, responding to or forwarding messages as appropriate
- Provide front desk support, including answering phones, accepting deliveries, greeting visitors, etc.
- Maintain relationships with office vendors to HI; arrange for maintenance of office equipment, including computers, photocopier/printer, telephones, etc.
- Manage inventory and ordering of supplies for the office
- Assist Executive Director with preparation and shipment of materials for Board meetings, executive committee meetings, etc.
- Coordinate staff meetings and internal workshops/trainings; securing space, arranging catering, and ensuring all necessary materials are available
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Finance and Administration
Skills and abilities
Familiarity with basic principles of accounting and the use of accounting software is required. Experience with Microsoft NAVision is a plus. The position requires some background in office management, including principles of human resources and employee benefits management.
Experience with entering data into fundraising software (such as Raiser’s Edge NXT) is a plus. Foreign language skills are not required for this position, but French language skills are a plus. Experience in arranging meetings, conferences, travel and training is desirable, as is experience in inventory and ordering of office supplies and equipment. The position requires substantial mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Some background in IT support is a plus.
An undergraduate college degree a plus, but not required.
How to apply
- Please submit your application with the following subject line: “Administrative Assistant”
- Please send a cover letter, resume/CV, and salary history as attachments to email@example.com
- Application deadline: ASAP
Humanity & Inclusion is happy to meet any reasonable accommodations that an applicant requires, at any stage of the process.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits included
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants who lack existing permission to work in the U.S. will not be considered.
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Google map and directions