Temporary Office Administrator
Humanity & Inclusion is seeking a Temporary Officer Administrator to support the Humanity & Inclusion U.S. administrative and finance team under the supervision of the Administrative Services Manager, and is responsible for assisting and supporting the daily office administrative operations.
The Temporary Office Administrator will support the Humanity & Inclusion (U.S.) team by working on the following:
- Create and maintain Accounts Payable records using Microsoft NAVision
- Prepare bank deposits for organization’s bank accounts
- Prepare monthly credit card reconciliation
- Assist Finance and Administration Department in other finance tasks as requested
- Ensure employee files are current and complete
- Support the process of hiring and onboarding new staff
- Assist with ensuring time and attendance tracking deadlines are met
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for visitors to the U.S.
- Support U.S. staff with travel arrangements and processes as necessary
- Checking Voice Mails, accepting deliveries, greeting visitors, etc.
- Maintain HI vendor relationships; arrange for maintenance of office equipment, including computers, photocopier/printer, telephones, etc.
- Manage inventory and ordering of supplies for the office
- Assist Executive Director with preparation and shipment of materials for Board meetings, executive committee meetings, etc.
- Coordinate staff meetings and internal workshops/trainings; securing space, arranging catering, and ensuring all necessary materials are available
- Other duties as assigned by Finance and Administration team
- College degree
- Interest in Global Development, International Affairs
- Familiarity with basic principles of accounting and the use of accounting software is required. The position requires a background in office management, including principles of human resources and employee benefits management.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, good attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work independently
- Excellent written English
Must be available to work up to 10 hours a pay period week, starting on June 20, 2022.
All applicants must indicate that they have read and understood Humanity & Inclusion's safeguarding policies:
- Child Protection
- Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment
- Anti-Fraud, Bribery, and Corruption
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland, remote
Type of employment: This is a temporary position*
Starting date: June 20
People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply!
Submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with “Temporary Office Administrator” as the subject line.
To be based in the U.S., you must be a U.S. citizen, or be in possession of relevant permissions to work in the United States. Applicants without existing work permission in the United States should not apply.
*Temporary, short-term positions are considered ineligible for medical and dental benefits, along with certain other benefits that apply to Humanity & Inclusion employees and do not constitute an offer of full-time or permanent employment.
Humanity & Inclusion is happy to meet any reasonable accommodations that an applicant requires. To request such reasonable accommodations at any point in the recruitment process, please contact: Diana Hromockyj by email at [email protected] or phone at (301) 891-2138. All self-disclosure is voluntary and personal information is strictly confidential.