Temporary Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Temporary Administrative Assistant
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Head of Finance and Administration
Location: Remote and Silver Spring, MD
The Temporary Administrative Assistant will support the Humanity & Inclusion (U.S.) Administrative and Finance team with a variety of administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
Office remodel – assist with: purging/shredding of documents; researching new office furniture and assembly; and re-organizing library and archiving of publications
Administrative, HR and Finance Guides/Manuals – assist with editing, updating and producing final product(s)
Personnel Files – assist with updating and organizing current employee personnel hard copy files
Supply Inventory – review and update records of purchased office supplies
Device Inventory – assist with review and update of database for new MSP
Vendors – creation of virtual and physical library
General Email Inbox Inquiries – create draft reference guide for standard email replies
The Temporary Administrative Assistant may be assigned other tasks.
Skills and abilities
- Undergraduate Degree, a plus, but not required.
- Interest in Global Development, International Affairs.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, good attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently
- Excellent written English
- Strong copyediting and/or proofreading skills
Must be available to work up to 30 hours a pay period week, starting July 16, 2021.
To be based in the U.S., you must be a U.S. citizen, or be in possession of relevant permissions to work in the United States. Applicants without existing work permission in the United States should not apply.
How to apply
Please submit your application with the following subject line: “Temporary Administrative Assistant”
- Please send resume/CV as attachment to [email protected]
- Application deadline: ASAP
People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply!
Humanity & Inclusion is happy to meet any reasonable accommodations that an applicant requires, at any stage of the process. Please email [email protected] for more details.