Temporary Accounting and Administrative Manager
The Temporary Accounting and Administrative Manager, under the supervision of the Executive Director, is responsible for maintaining and monitoring comprehensive, effective and transparent financial systems and overseeing the national association’s other administrative functions, including human resources, information technology, space planning and vendor management.
This is a placeholder for a maternity leave full-time non-exempt position based in Silver Spring, MD. The position is for 4-months with a June 1, 2020 start date.
People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply!
Key Areas of Responsibility
Financial Administration, Oversight, and Control
- Manage accounts receivable, revenue reconciliation and accounts payable processes.
- Ensure accurate coding for all accounting transactions.
- Review and Reconcile credit card reconciliations for corporate cards.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files for clients, vendors, and employees.
- Prepare monthly schedules for depreciation, prepaid expenses, and other general ledger accounts.
- Prepare entries for all payroll and banking transactions.
- Prepare intercompany transactions and compensations
- Assist with month-end closing process including expense allocations and financial statement preparation.
- Analyze, monitor, and present comprehensive financial information, including cash, on a regular basis in coordination with the network and the U.S. Executive Director;
- Provide inputs to the Administrative Assistant to produce and file travel advances, post-travel reimbursement claims, purchase supplies and equipment, and other general administrative matters.
- Oversee administration, including human resources and benefits, information technology, space management, and purchasing.
- Together with the U.S. Executive Director ensure financial compliance with Federal, State and local laws and statutes
- Ensure compliance with internal guidance for purchases and reimbursements, including for travel.
- Remain up to date on all U.S. Government and local regulations with respect to contracts, taxes and income. Review and provide comments on corporate agreements and contracts;
Institutional Strategy, Planning and Other
- Maintain positive and collaborative working relationship with global staff.
- Provide finance and general administration tasks to the Administrative Assistant
- Carry out tasks as required by the U.S. Executive Director.
- 3-5 years of experience in non-profit finance
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field
- Working knowledge of GAAP regulations and reporting requirements
- Understanding of and experience with U.S. Government "Administrative
Requirements Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards”
- Familiarity with laws and regulations governing charitable donations in the U.S.
- Strong analytical, organizational, collaboration and problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Deadline oriented
- Experience directly managing an accounting database
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Navision
- French language competency
- Experience with human resources principles and application (payroll,
- Familiarity with IT systems administration, including Office365
- Knowledge of private fundraising standards
- Some supervisory experience
- International development experience
How to apply
- Please submit the following documents as attachments to [email protected]
- a cover letter explaining what value you’d bring to the U.S. office of Humanity & Inclusion, as well as your relevant skills and interests
- a current resume/CV
- When you submit your application. please use the following email subject line: “Temporary Accounting and Administrative Manager”
- Application deadline: ASAP
Note: Pre-existing authorization to work in the United States is required. Applicants without existing work permission in the United States should not apply.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer, and is happy to meet any reasonable accommodations that an applicant requires. For reasonable accommodation requests at any point in the recruitment process, please contact [email protected]. All self-disclosure is voluntary and personal information is strictly confidential.