Global Food Security Specialist
Humanity & Inclusion’s Basic Needs, Economic Recovery & Economic Inclusion Unit is looking for a Global Food Security Specialist to support the design and implementation of food assistance activities and support us in designing and implementing our food security strategy. Come join our dynamic team of experts and support our mission to promote inclusive humanitarian aid.
The Food Security Specialist position is under the Basic Needs, Economic recovery & Economic Inclusion (BaNEREI) Unit, within the Social & Inclusion (S&I) Division.
The BaNEREI Unit is currently composed of 6 people: one Emergency Livelihood Specialist, one Emergency Cash & Market recovery Specialist, one WASH Specialist, one Economic Inclusion Specialist, one Policy Lead, and a Manager. It leads initiatives in emergency, recovery and development settings, with around 74 projects in more than 40 countries. Projects include WASH, emergency NFI and FI distribution, multipurpose assistance, wage to self-employment, graduation model projects, economic recovery and resilience.
The Food Security Specialist’s main mission will be to support HI and its country programs in the design and implementation of food assistance activities as well as support HI in designing and implementing our strategy on food security. Under the responsibility of the BaNEREI Unit Manager and the leadership of the Emergency Livelihood Specialist, the Food Security Specialist will support operational teams at headquarters and in the field.
In close collaboration with the other specialists and the Emergency Division, the successful candidate will:
- Support the development of HI’s Food Security strategy in humanitarian response and recovery (with a strong focus on food assistance for the first 6 months of the contract)
- Help develop and frame the methodology and tools related to the implementation of food security activities in humanitarian responses and recovery
- Provide technical support for the proper implementation of field projects
- Participate in the emergency working group and contribute to HI’s emergency response strategy, in close collaboration with the Emergency Division team
Location: USA, France, Belgium, Canada, UK or Germany
Type of contract: Fixed-Term Contract of 10 months, with possible renewal
Starting date: January 2021
Closing date for applications: 13th of January 2021
People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply!
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop, frame and disseminate HI’s Food Security Strategy, provide technical guidance, and contribute to the organization’s positioning and interventions for the Food Security sector. The priority will be food assistance (cash, vouchers and in-kind) in humanitarian contexts, particularly in the context of COVID-19.
- Ensure sectorial watch.
- Support internal understanding and ownership of norms and international standards.
- Develop and disseminate guidance for different intervention modalities.
- Provide technical and methodological support to Food Security projects implemented by field teams (with a focus on the current Covid-19 response).
- Ensure the global technical coherence of HI’s interventions, through training facilitation, technical coaching, etc. during field missions and regular online meetings.
- Contribute to the development of a holistic and inclusive approach to food assistance, with a particular focus on vulnerable populations, including people with disabilities, and in coordination with HI’s other technical sectors (including physical and functional rehabilitation, mental health & psychosocial support, protection, inclusion and shelter).
- Contribute to knowledge management through the development of lessons learning, research and innovation projects related to Food Security, in order to promote technical learning and best practices.
- Identify strategic learning and training opportunities.
- In support of the BaNEREI Unit Manager and the Team Leader and in collaboration with the Policy Lead, ensure internal and external visibility of HI’s Food Security expertise.
- Participate in various external technical networks and, if necessary, help establish or maintain ties with other humanitarian actors and first responders.
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Food Sciences, International Relations, Development studies or related field. Master degree in a relevant subject is considered as a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience implementing Food Security projects in humanitarian and/or protracted crisis contexts (designing and conducting household socio-economic vulnerability analyses, food security and market assessments, Emergency Food assistance, Cash and Voucher assistance….)
- Experience writing and supporting the implementation of policies, strategic guidance and technical tools.
- Strong understanding of humanitarian contexts (standards, stakeholders, mechanisms).
- Familiarity with intercultural participatory approaches.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with people from different cultures.
- Flexibility, patience and willingness to evolve in a changing environment.
- Availability for field missions.
- Fluency in English, basic level of French. Other languages, particularly Spanish and Arabic, are a plus.
Click here to apply: http://www.jobs.net/j/JsKQdGBr?jobdetails=true