Contract Database Specialist
Humanity & Inclusion is seeking a contract Database Specialist to ensure accurate gift entry for recently-received donations in our database, and to clean up existing donor profiles.
For contractual purposes, the Database Specialist reports to the U.S. Director of Development and Communications; but, day-to-day, the Database Specialist will deliver their work to the Lead Development Officer, who is the organization's key database administrator. The specialist will have relevant contact with other members of the Development and Communications team, and the wider HI US team as needed.
The Database Specialist will conduct the following activities:
- Donor Services & Fundraising
- Maintain data entry requirements by following business rules and procedures
- Enters new and updated donor information in the organization’s donor database Efficy, taking account of information from the organization’s legacy database Raiser’s Edge as well as newly-arriving donations
- Identify and update donor profiles based on information received with each gift
- Clean data in the Efficy database when issues in the database arise
- Set up and process acknowledgment letters for donations
- Complete routine data hygiene scans to verify entered donor information
- Experience working in constituent relationship management software desired
- Previous data entry or relevant office experience
- Keen attention to detail, problem solving, and thoroughness
- Capacity to complete work independently, and collaboratively in team settings
- Comfortable working knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Interest in global development
- Familiarity with third-party donor platforms such as Global Impact, Network for Good, Benevity/YourCause would be helpful
- Excellent interpersonal skills, highly organized, good attention to detail, independent worker, self-motivated and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written English
- Strong copyediting and/or proofreading skills
- Internet research skills
*At least 10 and up to 15 hours per week, starting as soon as possible. Gift processing requires some time physically in the office. Once training is finished, hybrid work (part in-office, part remote) may be possible.
All applicants must indicate that they have read and understood Humanity & Inclusion's safeguarding policies:
- Child Protection
- Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment
- Anti-Fraud, Bribery, and Corruption
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland, remote
Type of employment: This is a contract position
Starting date: ASAP
Hourly rate: From $18/hr
People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply!
Submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with “Database Specialist” as the subject line.
*To be based in the U.S., you must be a U.S. citizen, or be in possession of relevant permissions to work in the United States. Applicants without existing work permission in the United States should not apply.
Humanity & Inclusion is happy to meet any reasonable accommodations that an applicant requires. To request such reasonable accommodations at any point in the recruitment process, please contact: Diana Hromockyj by email at [email protected] or phone at (301) 891-2138. All self-disclosure is voluntary and personal information is strictly confidential.