Inclusion Technical Assistance Expert (Inclusive Education)
Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. The organization works alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Since its creation in 1982, HI has run development programs in more than 60 countries and responded to numerous emergencies.
At Humanity & Inclusion, we firmly believe in the importance of inclusion and diversity within our organization. This is why we are committed to a disability policy to encourage the inclusion and integration of people with disabilities. Please indicate if you require any special accommodations, including participation in the first interviews.
The opening of this post is part of the development of our Inclusion Technical Assistance (ITA) activities, with the objective of increasing HI's recognition as an expert consultant in the field of disability inclusion, particularly in the sector of inclusive education.
The ITA team belongs to the Social & Inclusion Division, which is composed of 20 persons, covering Basic Needs, Economic Recovery, Economic Inclusion, Education, and Social and Inclusion Technical Assistance.
Although this role will be based within the ITA team, they will work closely with the Inclusive Education team to ensure the coherence of the content and interventions in this sector. It will be important to share experiences and methodology and to participate effectively in the implementation of the HI strategy within inclusive education.
The Inclusive Education ITA expert will be responsible for supporting the development of Inclusive Technical Assistance and taking part in this ITA implementation with external inclusive education partners.
This position will be HI’s lead on designing and implementing Inclusion Technical Assistance on Inclusive education. The role will support the ITA commercial officer and inclusive education policy and development officer (PDO) in the prospection and identification of new ITA opportunities in the Inclusive education sector at the global and regional levels. They will also support the design and implementation of other Inclusion Technical Assistance focusing more broadly on their expertise in the field of inclusion for persons with disabilities outside of the education sector.
Responsibility 1: Develop and implement ITAs in the field of Inclusive Education, for HQ and in support of HI programs
- Support the PDO, the ITA Commercial Officer and the HI programs Business Developers in monitoring and seeking new ITA opportunities in the Inclusive Education sector;
- Co-write Inclusive Education ITA technical proposals for HQ and in support of HI programs, in coordination with IE technical specialists;
- Implement Inclusive Education ITAs, directly for external mainstream actors, anywhere in the world or remotely, for HQ or for HI programs
Responsibility 2: Support the development and delivery of ITAs in other sectors of inclusion and disability
- Participate in the development of ITA technical proposals on the methodological framework, and on the basic content on inclusion and disability
- Participate in the implementation and/or coordination of ITAs, outside of the Inclusive Education sector according to the needs of HQ and of HI programs on the basics of inclusion and disability
Responsibility 3: Ensure the consolidation and sharing of ITA methods and tools
- Collect and enrich technical content to use for ITAs implementation, in particular in the field of Inclusive Education;
- Develop training tools on the implementation of ITAs, particularly in the Inclusive Education sector
- Directly train technical HI staff on the implementation of ITAs, particularly in the inclusive education sector.
Responsibility 4: Coordinate and support the Inclusive Education team
- Participate in the Inclusive Education team meetings
- Share information on the sector within HI
- If needed, represent the team in different networks and support to HI project teams, especially in relation to ITA
- If available and requested by the Inclusive Education team, support the development of HI technical resources and publications - excluding ITA - in the field of Inclusive Education
- You hold a Bachelor's degree or higher in social sciences, preferably in an education-related field
- You have at least 6 years of experience in the field of disability, in particular in relation to access and inclusion issues within mainstream actors and/or services;
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the field of inclusive education;
- You master the concepts, approaches and frameworks of issues related to disability in a global context but also the principles, issues, methodologies and tools of Inclusive Education
- You are familiar with or have experienced and analyzed discrimination and barriers to the inclusion of people with disabilities, and in particular, have knowledge around the issues related to the education of children with disabilities;
- You know how to train and realize capacity-building for adults
- You are fluent in English (oral and written communication)
CONDITIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract of 18 months
- Starting date: April 3, 2023
- Full-time contract
- The position can be based in France (Lyon or Paris), Canada (Montréal), UK (London) or US (Washington, DC)
- Advantageous telework agreement
- This position includes travels, national and international travel, depending on ITA opportunities, and of variable duration, from a few days to 2-3 weeks.
People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply!
How to apply:
Apply with your resume and cover letter at: http://www.jobs.net/j/JRTIbzgS
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
*To be based in the U.S., you must be a U.S. citizen, or be in possession of relevant permissions to work in the United States. Applicants without existing work permission in the United States should not apply.